Pierre Area Referral Service is Now Taking Applications for Benefit Specialist
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Hourly Position: Full Time
Not exceeding 40 hours per week.
pay per hour depending on experience ($10-$12)
Position Purpose: Handling informational requests by analyzing current life circumstances and financial situations to provide assistance and services to individuals and their families in crisis through interviewing, identifying available resources, obtaining records, verifying financial information, and determining eligibility for agency programs. Responding to public inquires regarding agency programs and other programs within the community that may be of assistance. Interpreting rules, regulations, and policies to ensure appropriate benefits and services are provided in an effective and timely manner to assist the individual and their family. Help build basic self-sufficiency, for all clients.
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Basic Accounting Principles, adding and subtracting, counting money and change;
· Business writing and English grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
· Proficiency in using a computer
· Various social, cultural, economic, psychological, and emotional factors influencing the behavior and attitudes of individuals and household members.
· Community Resources available.
· Interview and listening skills.
· Maintain Confidentiality
· Maintain friendly atmosphere
· Work with a variety of different personalities in a friendly and professional manner. Demonstrate compassion, respect, courtesy, and tact when interacting with others
· Read- prepare clear and concise documentation, reports, and correspondence that reflect relevant facts.
· Actively listen, obtain needed information, and communicate information effectively and accurately.
· Deliver fair and consistent services for everyone that presents themselves. Not allow favoritism.
· Follow policy and procedures.
· Enter and retrieve data from computer system;
· Organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow-up with minimal direction;
· Concisely provide information, explanations, and instructions; both orally and written.
· Obtain information from others with varying levels of ability to understand;
· Maintain composure, efficiency, and a positive customer-service oriented manner during periods of peak workload, with frequent interruptions;
· Exercise delegated authority to take action and to recognize when it is appropriate to seek assistance from others when limited authority has been reached;
· Ability to bend, and lift 30 pounds;
Comments: This position requires applicant to have a vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license or work permit as travel within the community maybe required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer