Food Pantry Volunteering
Holiday FEAST Program
Salvation Army-Bell Ringing Campaign
Senior Box Program
Food Drive Opportunites
2014 - 15 Community Resource Directory
(large file - .docx)
Spare Key - helping families "Bounce and not Break"
Spare Key provides housing assistance to families who meet the following basic criteria:
- Child has been hospitalized 14 of the past 90 days
- Applicant must be a homeowner and current on their mortgage
- Applicant must be a homeowner in MN, ND, SD or WI.
- There must be some reduction in income, or increase in expenses related to the child's medical crisis
HAPI- Homes Are Possible, Inc.
HAPI is a nonprofit organization that helps low and moderate income families in Northeast and North Central South Dakota by offering home rehab grants of up to $6,000.00
-Electrical or Plumbing Updates
-Energy efficient windows; doors; furnace; air conditioning; water heaters
-And many other repairs
Pierre/Ft. Pierre Lions Club
Lions Club activities include:
- Providing Eye exams & Glasses
- Irish Stew Feed
- Community Banquet
- Working with the Braille & Talking Book Library
- Reading Material to tape for the Blind/P>
- Eyeglass Recycling
- White Cane Days
- Farm & Ranch Show Concessions
- Volunteer Optometric Service to Humanity
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE AN APPLICATION FOR LIONS SIGHT & SERVICE REQUEST they are available on our website under Applications.